On an outing to Barnes and Noble I came across this cute little book with three cookie cutters. However, at the same time I feel I've gone totally off the deep end with this DOG RECIPE! This recipe makes 36 so I gave a lot away to neighbors and some friends. Since there are no preservatives they only last 5 days. Jade loved them, probably because I told her that I made them and I'd have my feelings hurt if she didn't eat them ;-P
1 C Rolled Oats
3 1/2 C Whole-Wheat Flour
1/2 Peanut Butter (smooth)
3/4 lb Raw Apples (minced) I used applesauce
1 cup Water
1. Place oats and whole-wheat flour in mixing bowl.
2. Add peanut butter and minced apples.
3. Blend together and add water. Keep adding enough water until a thick batter is produced.
4. Place on floured counter and roll out (with floured hands). Cut out shapes.
5. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until cookies are crisp. We baked for 35 minutes maybe a bit longer.
From: Make your own Healthy Doggie Biscuits Book by Jonna Anne