New Years Resolutions for Pet Lovers
10. No Table Scraps: Our four-legged friends won’t be happy about this one. No more people food from the table or placed in the pet bowl, and no more plate licking either.
9. Nail Trims: Keeping pets nails trimmed properly can be a real challenge but 2008 will be a year of fewer toe nails clicking on floors.
8. Disaster Preparedness: Putting together a pet disaster plan and survival kit is the plan for many pet parents in 2008.
7. Brushing Teeth: It’s recommended that you clean your pet’s teeth at least once a week, but not many pet parents do this.
6. Healthy Treats: Many pet parents plan on “treating” their pets to more natural and organic treats.
5. Sit, Stay, Down: A well behaved pet is also a less stressed pet.
4. Car Safety: Plan to better secure your pets when traveling by car by using a pet car seat, pet safety belt, travel carrier, or pet barrier.
3. More Road Trips: Whether it’s a trip to Grandma’s house, a visit to the pet store, or a trip to the dog park
2. Reduce your pet’s environmental paw-print by choosing recycled, toys and bedding
1. More Exercise: Whether it’s walks, runs, fetch, or hikes. Getting Fido and Fluffy moving is the top New Year’s pet resolution.
From Charleston Animal Society.
#4 and #9 are high on our list.