Jan/Feb 2010 Simple & Delicious
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups cold cooked instant rice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Make a well in the center of the rice mixture; add eggs. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Add the remaining ingredients; stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Cooking for 2: Chicken Fried Rice for Two