From Charleston Cooks!
Carolina Aromatic Rice (Shown here with Fried Chicken with Pan Gravy)
1 C rice
2 C water
Large pinch salt
1. Add rice to a medium saute pan and toast over medium heat until the rice smells nutty. About 4 min.
2. Add water and salt. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook covered fro 8 min.
3. Remove from heat, toss with a fork, season to taste.
1 carrot, peeled
4 T butter
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup corn, fresh off the cob
1/2 C chicken stock
1/2 medium zucchini, chopped (or 8-10 okra sliced)
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 C fresh basil
1. Shred carrot on large holes of a box grater, and set aside.
2. Heat a medium size saute pan over medium high heat. Melt 2 T of butter in the pan, and add the onions and carrots. 2 min.
3. Add the corn to the pan, cook until heated through (I added mushrooms at this time too)
4. Add the chicken stock to the pan and bring stock to a simmer.
5. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
6. Add zucchini and the remaining butter to the liquid. Stir until butter has melted.
7. Fold in the rice, tomatoes, and basil.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Picture to come soon!