Thursday, April 28, 2011

1 week

I cook dinner every night. We eat at the table together every night. It occurred to me last night that we haven't done this in 1 week. The reason I knew this because when I put the plates on the table I didn't have to tell Behr to leave it. It's been 1 week since we told Behr bye, and yes it's easier today than 7 days ago...of course as I type this I get that lump in my throat.

The dogs came and laid around us while we ate, but there was that empty spot and it was a little sad. I also asked Will which photo to blow up for a canvas, I noticed his eyes getting big and red again so I stopped and I will just have to make that decision. Today Will takes Jade and Buddy to the kennel so we can go out of town, that's gonna be rough on him.

Then two damn new country songs that remind me of my sadness...even though this is about a man and my co-worker shouldn't listen to this song if she's reading. (Love you B)

oh freakin' bizarre...I just pulled this up on youtube and when she's talking she says "it's only been 1 week" what a coincidence and I've already titled this blog post and all!

A Little Bit Stronger
"I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself it will be okay. Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger."

Then who created this awful song this week...thoughts about Rod and Behr...too much
If Heaven Weren't So Far Away
"Losing them wouldn't be so hard to take, if heaven wasn't so far away."
"I'd find my bird dog Bo and take him huntin' one more time."
"If Heaven wasn't so far away, I'd pack up the kids and go for the day. Introduce to their grandpaw, watch them laugh at the way he talked..."
UHHH.
"Tell 'em we'd be back in a couple of days."

Gosh wouldn't that be easier? If we could go visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment