Sunday, December 16, 2012

Me Update

BLECK BLECK BLECK.

Know what that means? Aunt Flo came Saturday morning. That really sucks, I totally thought I was pregnant.

I cried a lot this weekend.

I decided I cry more around Christmas stuff than killing zombies on xbox with Will or watching a non-Christmas movie like Bourne Legacy. It's great by the way, and I don't remember if I have paid attention to the other Bourne movies.

I went to two parties on Friday and felt really odd. I was like a fish out of water, not social, just weird. I guess just sad and trying to hide it. Also I was so sucked into the news about the elementary school shooting, I couldn't think of anything else. I kept thinking of my own students and my school. I really hope that no one talks about it tomorrow. I hope 2K parents shielded their children from the news so they aren't scared, or that they told them they aren't allowed to discuss it with other children.

This week I'm working on being grateful. I'm writing thank you notes for the smallest things, I'm listing what I'm thankful for, and I'm hopefully not going to be so sad. The sun finally came out yesterday, and I went to church today. That felt really good. It's going to be a good week. Today I responded, "Super" when a clerk asked how I was doing...now I hope I just can live up to Super :)
I hope you have a great week too.


This is where I was last week, Elysium...getting a big haircut!

1 comment:

  1. Crappy weather doesn't help to make ya feel peppy but I also find something peaceful in myself after church. Christmas is a very bittersweet time of year. B & I just said tonight how we keep seeing stuff we could be buying for Stella right now. Xbox is probably a good steam release for you! We come home tomorrow yay can't wait to see you. Love ya!

    P.S. - new do is pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete