Monday, October 27, 2008

Pepperoni Pizza Twist..but I didn't twist it.

I started slicing...and Will said wait, just cut it in half it's like a calzone. So he took the whole half and ate it like a sub.
I should have just called Catherine and got her family recipe, but I found this one so I decided to try it. If it sucks I'll use Ellie's next time because I know it's good!

Fridgerated pizza dough
Flour
1/2 C Mozz Cheese
1/2 package Pepperoni
Jar pizza sauce
Some Parm Cheese
Italian seasoning

Roll dough out. Put mozz and Pep down the center of each rectangle. Drizzle 3 T of pizza sauce. Roll up jelly-roll style. I had no idea what this meant, so I did it long ways "hot dog fold" if you are a teacher.

Seal seams. Put on greased foil on cookie sheet (so you don't have to clean it) seam side down. Make 3 slashed across top of loaf. [you are suppose to brush with egg white here, but I have no clue how to separate an egg] So I skipped that part..and it seems okay. Sprinkle with parm cheese and seasoning.

Bake 350 for 25 minutes. Then cover with foil and bake 4 min longer. Let sit for 10 min before slicing. Serve with remaining pizza sauce.

*We are having this with a salad b/c I'm pretty positive this is an appetizer and not a meal. I'm starving...when will that man be home? 8:10pm Monday.....

Update: It was excellent!
From Simple and Delicious Nov/Dec 2008

2 comments:

  1. OMG. that looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

    trying that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - Next time you come over I am teaching you how to seperate an egg!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete