Sunday, January 9, 2011

NYE Cheese Meatballs

We love to eat these, but I've never made them before. So I called Aunt Kathy and asked her a few questions then I went shopping.
3 C shredded cheese
1 C biscuit/baking mix
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper and garlic powder
1 lb lean ground beef

In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 in. balls (I missed this part and it was hard to accomplish). Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.

Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Yield: 4 dozen. From Taste of Home

What I should have realized is this has biscuit mix it will grow! I ended up with huge, not so pretty meatballs, but that's okay they still tasted good.

No comments:

Post a Comment