I am shocked I have made yet another meal with onion, this is huge...I'm branching out, onion, vinegar, huge chunks of tomatoes...who knows what will be next!
The great thing about this is that Will only has to clean one pan!
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, mushrooms, brown sugar and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add
- pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35
- minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and
- cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
As I am cooking tonight, I can't stop thinking of a dear friend that gave me this wine "Three Wishes" for Christmas...so I'm opening it and making three wishes for her as I indulge. I hope I don't finish the bottle since I have to work tomorrow.