This recipe tastes like an elephant ear. Now I am one that likes my french toast salty, weird I know, but this is heavenly!
Recipe from All recipes
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut each slice of bread twice diagonally to make each slice into 4 triangles.
- Beat together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip the bread slices into egg mixture.(MY ADDITION--and let soak, otherwise you are just eating bread)
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a frying pan or skillet. Cook bread until golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite topping. Powdered sugar :-)