Thursday, April 21, 2011
Orbees in Heaven
After a lot of medication, Behr continued to have Grand Mal Seizures #8 and #9 within an hour, and possibly more once we got to the e-vet last night. The next step would have been invasive with anesthesia and a breathing tube in his throat. Around 11:30 we decided to let him go. This was the hardest thing we have ever done in our life. We went back to the e-vet and loved on him one last time. I watched the shots go in, and I'm not sure I should have done that, but I didn't want Will going alone.
We came home at midnight and didn't sleep much but still woke up at 5:30am and then around 7am. I'm not at work, but plan to go in shortly.
Did I jinx this? My old blog was named Two Dogs in a Pod...meant for Jade and Behr, never meant to get Buddy. I also just received Feeling Outnumbered? How to Enjoy your Multi-Dog Household from Barnes & Noble. I'm sure not, and in a few days I will realize it was the right choice.
BUT if you know me, I can't decide where to eat dinner for fear of making a bad choice. Or whether or not to buy this house we hear about today. Much less to end Behr's life what if he would have had a good day today and wanted me to throw his Orbee? or the next step of meds would have worked like a charm.