Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, 
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
 --joseph campbell. 

I just ran across this quote...and damn it's so right. Mama use to tell me to get over planning everything out. Especially when I was set on having a child in the fall, so he/she would be the oldest in the grade and we would have to repeat them. Goodness

Well my post op appointment went well. Well the outcome went well, that waiting room was awful. We were surrounded by, how do I write this....people different than us. The topics they discussed were things like where to get their tattoo, 'cause they didn't want the ink to get in the baby's mouth while breast feeding, or another one going on disability and when medicaid would kick in, or how one's car was soon to be repossessed since they haven't paid in 3 months...where are we?? MUSC, but gee. I think I'll return to my regular OB/GYN after this appointment.

She prescribed me to take 4 folic acid pills a day=4mg total. That brings me to buying a little old lady pill holder to take all my vitamins! Prenatal, D, calcium, folic acid...and this doctor told me to stop the 2 iron a day. But I plan to see what my doctor says tomorrow. She also told me to wait three months before trying again. That sounds difficult, but I understand I need all that folic acid back!