Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Favorite Sad Song

No I'm not crying today, but we are both pretty mopey.  This song has been my favorite for about the last 6 months, when my friend Ashley at Avett's Mom introduced me to it. 

Sure it's probably about a couple and breaking up. But these lines from the song mean more to me.

Sad by Maroon 5
Wondering if I really tried everything I could

Not knowing if I should try a little harder

Oh, but I'm scared to death
That there may not be another one like this
And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread
I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
And I'm kicking the dirt cause I never gave you
The place that you needed to have
I'm so sad.

Just sitting here, trying not to look back
Still looking at the road we never drove on
And wondering if the one I chose was the right one




1 comment:

  1. Keep taking care of each other. Some how, some way, when you least expect it...things will really go your way! I just know it. I can't help but believe so.

    ReplyDelete